Preventing Fraud Starts with You:
March 16, 2023
Here’s a few helpful reminders that are always timely to consider.
- Never share personal information—including financial accounts—with anyone. Your credit union will never call you and ask you to disclose and/or verify this information (this includes personal data like your social security number or account PINs). Neither will a government agency like the Internal Revenue Service or your local police department.
- Only answer phone calls from numbers you recognize. If at any point you are uncertain about questions being asked or the call itself, hang up and call your credit union or the organization back using a phone number found through a trusted source, such as the company’s official website or a financial statement.
- Never open attachments or click on links from unknown individuals or companies as it could enable malicious software. In addition, never click on a link in a text alert that is warning you about suspicious activity on your credit card or bank account. Your financial institution or credit card company will not contact you in this way.
- Use strong passwords and change them often. Make sure you do not include personal information in your passwords and avoid recycling passwords.
- Utilize two-factor authentication for your financial accounts. This adds another layer of security to protect your personal information.
- Always ensure the security on your electronic and mobile devices is up to date.
Links to Third Party Sites
You are now leaving Lincoln Maine Federal Credit Union's ("LMFCU") website and linking to a website not owned or operated by LMFCU. Links to other Web Sites/e-mail addresses are provided solely as a convenience. LMFCU has no control over the content of these sites; and LMFCU shall have no responsibility or liability relating to any access to such sites or communications between you and such Third-Parties. LMFCU’s privacy disclosures do not apply to linked Third-Party websites, and we advise you to consult the privacy disclosures on the linked Third-Party website for further information.
LMFCU’s website may also contain links to other websites owned, operated by, or affiliated with LMFCU ("Affiliated Sites"). Affiliated Sites are also not governed by LMFCU’s privacy or other policies; and you are advised to review the privacy disclosures applicable to each Affiliated Site you visit.
Products/ Services Offered by Third-Parties / Affiliates: Any products or services ("products") which are provided by third parties or affiliates are not products of LMFCU. If the purchase of same is facilitated by or through LMFCU financing such is merely a convenience to the borrower(s) and in no way, creates any contractual or other relationship between the borrower(s) and LMFCU with regard to any such products. Any rights, obligations or claims with regard to such products shall be solely and exclusively by and between you and the third party providing such products as may be set forth in any applicable contracts, agreements or otherwise, and LMFCU shall have no obligations, responsibilities, duties, or liabilities whatsoever regarding same. By continuing to the site, you acknowledge and agree to this policy.