Book Lovers Day
August 9, 2019
Are your kids reading enough books this summer?
It is hard to keep kids in the learning mindset when they are on summer break. Here are some tips to get your kids engaged in reading before heading back to school in a couple weeks.
- Find new books, visit your local library or find a book swap location to find books they haven’t seen before.
- Try introducing them to new styles of books, comic books or kids/educational magazines or even cooking or hunting/fishing magazines can be really interesting for kids.
- Read a book with them. Sometimes a book read by the family is better received than having them read long books alone.
- Set up a reading station outside or in a spot they don’t usually read.
- Get them a book that matches a movie or show they have seen or are interested in.
- Find a book that has an activity to go along with it or have them create the book in a play.
- Have them illustrate a book they have read.
Do you have your own tips that can help get kids back into the swing of school, before the summer is over? Share with us!
Links to Third Party Sites
You are now leaving Lincoln Maine Federal Credit Union's ("LMFCU") website and linking to a website not owned or operated by LMFCU. Links to other Web Sites/e-mail addresses are provided solely as a convenience. LMFCU has no control over the content of these sites; and LMFCU shall have no responsibility or liability relating to any access to such sites or communications between you and such Third-Parties. LMFCU’s privacy disclosures do not apply to linked Third-Party websites, and we advise you to consult the privacy disclosures on the linked Third-Party website for further information.
LMFCU’s website may also contain links to other websites owned, operated by, or affiliated with LMFCU ("Affiliated Sites"). Affiliated Sites are also not governed by LMFCU’s privacy or other policies; and you are advised to review the privacy disclosures applicable to each Affiliated Site you visit.
Products/ Services Offered by Third-Parties / Affiliates: Any products or services ("products") which are provided by third parties or affiliates are not products of LMFCU. If the purchase of same is facilitated by or through LMFCU financing such is merely a convenience to the borrower(s) and in no way, creates any contractual or other relationship between the borrower(s) and LMFCU with regard to any such products. Any rights, obligations or claims with regard to such products shall be solely and exclusively by and between you and the third party providing such products as may be set forth in any applicable contracts, agreements or otherwise, and LMFCU shall have no obligations, responsibilities, duties, or liabilities whatsoever regarding same. By continuing to the site, you acknowledge and agree to this policy.